Breivik has delayed the start of his hunger strike, the exact reason of which is as of yet unknown.
Based on the available information he is still restricted to half an hour of human contact a week.
In comparison, other Norwegian prisoners in solitary confinement are allowed 8 hours of human contact a week, and this punishment (solitary confinement is primarily used as a punishment) generally lasts for 1 or 2 weeks.
I have a few educated guesses as to the reason of the delay:
1. Breivik is likely waiting to reach a psychological breaking point, as he may be force-fed after he has starved himself to the point of inflicting brain damage on himself.
2. Some criticism has been published as to the humanity of his treatment. Psychologically it may strengthen him to know that it’s recognized that he’s the most strictly isolated prisoner in Western Europe.
3. There’s the prospect of increased human contact if he’s allowed to be interviewed by researchers of far-right ideologies.
4. Breivik is aware that people who write him are being intimidated by the police, so he understands the reason for a sharp decrease in the number of letters from supporters he’s receiving. Some people may have increased the frequency at which they write him in the understanding that fewer people write Breivik and that he’d respond (more frequently) if it wasn’t for the prison censorship of outgoing mail.
5. The prison may have increased his living conditions as a result of criticism by several experts that his treatment equates torture. As per Norwegian guidelines the prison must compensate for his lack of human contact by providing alternative forms of entertainment.
As his living standards are expected to decrease when he’s returned to Ila fengsel, sometime in September / October, this may be a likely time for a hunger strike to begin.